Join Our Mailing List
for Exclusive Specials
and Mt Rainier Area
News and Events
Mt. Rainier National Park Activities
Ski, Climb and Explore Mt. Rainier, then relax by a fireplace or in a hot tub in one of our seven luxury cabins
Whichever season you choose to visit our Ashford cabins, our lodging provides an ideal base camp. Our seven Washington State Cabins are at the SW entrance to Mount Rainier National Park in Ashford, WA. There are hundreds of miles of hiking trails, world famous climbing opportunities, leisurly driving opportunities, and of course our Washington state cabins with hot tubs and fireplaces.
If you're looking for a family getaway with the kids or to beat the crowds to the trailhead try a weekend or weeklong stay at our Pacific Northwest getaways.
Activities near Ashford
& Mt. Rainier WA
- Northwest Trek Wildlife Park in Eatonville, WA is a classic trip for families and children. Ride the tram, take the walking tour, hike nature trails, visit Cheney Discovery Center and much more! Children of all ages love this trip. It's also great for mobility-impaired visitors.
- Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad is an amazingly beautiful trip through our Cascade Mountains at the base of Mt. Rainier.
- EZ Times Outfitters in Ashford, WA offers horseback trail rides for adults and kids.
Free Activities Around
- Photographing the wildflowers of Paradise Meadows and Mount Rainier Photography
- Day hiking Rainier - Enjoy a day of family hiking
- Fishing near Mt. Rainier National Park in the Ashford / Nisqually Valley area. Our creekside cabins, Lazy Bears Creekside Cabin, Starry Nights by the Creek, and Cedar Cabin on the Creek, sit right on Big Creek. You can fish right from the property. Wild trout run in June and July through Ashford. Nearby lakes, including Mineral Lake and Alder Lake, also offer great fishing opportunities.
- Waterfalls - Some of the most scenic waterfalls in the Pacific Northwest can be found in the areas surrounding our Washington State cabins including Chinook Creek Falls, Comet Falls, Bloucher Falls, Fairy Falls, Little Mashel Falls, Margaret Falls, Spray Falls, Tatoosh Falls and Upper Stevens Creek Falls.
- Mount Tahoma Trails Association
- Backpacking Mount Rainier from the Park Service
- Climbing Mount Rainier from the Park Service
Tours of Mount Rainier National Park
Near Our Ashford Lodging
Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument
The East entrance to Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument is about one hour from our Ashford cabins.
- Roads 25 and 99 provide access to the vast blown down forest and views of the legendary Spirit Lake, and are usually open from Memorial Day until snow blocks the roads.
- Cowlitz Valley Ranger Station is open to visitors daily during the summer season.
- On Forest Road 99 interpretive talks and walks bring the landscape to life for visitors and can be enjoyed at the numerous viewpoints.
- Food services and gifts are available at Cascades Peaks Viewpoint. Dining, gas, and other services are offered in nearby communities.
Winter Activities Near Ashford WA
- Snowshoeing, Cross-Country Skiing, Hot-tubbing in the Snow! A stay at our Washington cabins in the winter season, Thanksgiving to early April, will reward you with exercise, tranquility and beauty. And with our offpeak rates and specials, you can stay longer!
- National Park Service Winter Recreation Guide including ranger-guided snowshoe walks, snowboarding, backcountry skiing, sledding and snow play at Mount Rainier National Park, WA.
- Skiing the Cascade Volcanoes
There's so much to explore throughout the year at Mount Rainier National Park WA. Make our lodging in Ashford Washington your base camp for a week or a weekend filled with adventurous mountain activities!